1. want to borrow/buy fork seal driver 46/47mm CRF450R

Awards Showcase

Default want to borrow/buy fork seal driver 46/47mm CRF450R

Any body in/near Modesto have a fork seal driver I can borrow or buy? It's for my crf450r with 47mm forks.
    Thanks
    Current Bikes: 99 EX250, 94 VFR, 07 EX650, speed triple, Sprint RS, Hawk GT, 89 CB-1, 06 R6, crf230

2. Re: want to borrow/buy fork seal driver 46/47mm CRF450R

Take your old seal to the hardware store, and buy a piece of plumbing the just slightly smaller the od of the seal. You can check heavy duty pvc fittings that can be split to go over the fork tube if it's an inverted fork. Pound the seal in using the fitting, and a deadfall SOFT FACED hammer (so as not to ding the tube). Works for me.

3. Re: want to borrow/buy fork seal driver 46/47mm CRF450R

4. Re: want to borrow/buy fork seal driver 46/47mm CRF450R

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by bobl View Post
    Take your old seal to the hardware store, and buy a piece of plumbing the just slightly smaller the od of the seal. You can check heavy duty pvc fittings that can be split to go over the fork tube if it's an inverted fork. Pound the seal in using the fitting, and a deadfall SOFT FACED hammer (so as not to ding the tube). Works for me.
    That's what i end up doing. I had some 2" ABS pipe lying around that worked. I had to split it in half and file away till it fit the ID of the for out tube seal area.
    Current Bikes: 99 EX250, 94 VFR, 07 EX650, speed triple, Sprint RS, Hawk GT, 89 CB-1, 06 R6, crf230