Thread: hwy 26 fire

1. hwy 26 fire

Awards Showcase

Default hwy 26 fire

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has been to highway 26 heading to West Point? I was there yesterday and I couldn't believe my eyes on how bad the fire destroy the forest. The road was clean and like always nice to ride on it. But it's like a different environment! If you ever been on hwy 26 before the fire go check it out now it's a whole different view.

2. Re: hwy 26 fire

I work in that area all the time, and was actively working in the post Butte Fire communications for phone & emergency services. I agree, its not the same. Rail Road Flat & 26 are burned up bad and bare. be careful riding in the area after a rain, erosion is all over Moke Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by izzy_OCR View Post
    Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has been to highway 26 heading to West Point? I was there yesterday and I couldn't believe my eyes on how bad the fire destroy the forest. The road was clean and like always nice to ride on it. But it's like a different environment! If you ever been on hwy 26 before the fire go check it out now it's a whole different view.