Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. DR Open Track Day September 22nd 2014

CVRF Contributor Dysturbed Ryder's Avatar

Awards Showcase

Default DR Open Track Day September 22nd 2014

Sept 22nd, 2014 Dysturbed Ryders Open Track Day at Thunderhill Raceway 5 Mile course

Added=Arc Trackademics will provide coaching. They did a great job last time and they are back for this track day..

To book your spots please email me with your name and phone number. Please enclose the names of the people the payment is for, if you are sending payment for more than one person. Once I get your pm or email you will have a spot reserved, it will be locked in once the payment is received. Don't wait too long to decide if you want to attend. This is our 6th year doing open trackdays and each year they have gotten better, so come join us for a great time. Email me at dysturbedryders2@hotmail.com, for more information. Pictures will be available by Oxymoron Photography , Catalyst Reaction will be tuning Suspensions, Arc Trackademics will provide coaching and Chris at CT Racing will be doing tires( Pirelli). Come enjoy the BEST TRACK DAY. We will not be providing lunch this year. Thank you all and look forward to another great year at the Track..

$250 cash or check sent on or before Sept 7th and $260 after Sept 7th sent to Berto Delgado at 1733 Halden Way Modesto 95350 or $270 the day of the event , if not sold-out. Checks and Pay Pal must be received no later than two weeks before the day of the event. Cancelations 2 weeks before the even will get a full refund, Cancelations after Sept 9th will not get a refund.

Gates open at 7am

Riders meeting at 8:15am

Tech is before and briefly after the riders meeting. Please disconnect/tape lights. On track 9am. First 30 minutes under yellow for newer riders and those who want to just take a few easy laps and check out the track surface. Then you may ride when you want until lunch. The golden rule is for slower riders to just keep their line and for faster, most likely more experienced riders, to be courteous to those of us who are not that fast. It has always worked out great. We will not be providing lunch this year. The snack bar will be open.

Thank you
    Berto Delgado
    Dysturbed Ryders

Last edited by D-House; 08-20-2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: title

2. Re: DR Open Track Day September 22nd 2014

Awards Showcase

DR putting on more good chit! If you've never experienced the track, well, the time is now! There is no way you can't have a great time while in your comfort zone. No fear! Have some of the best times of your life!
    I believe you have a higher chance of survival and far less injury the more appropriate gear you wear. I believe in the power of ATGATT. I believe the more gear you wear in the event of an accident the greater the chance you can rise up, resume the ride and keep the group moving. I strongly believe, through the passionate members of CVRF, that we can influence positive change, knowledge and safety, throughout our motorcycling communities.

3. Re: DR Open Track Day September 22nd 2014

Awards Showcase

Check will be written later today and placed in the mail. Looking forward to a great day with Berto and gang. Talk to the suspension guy that day. Riding both East and West with the wrong tire pressure will eat your tires. Ask me how I know Hope to see that Super Moto guy out there again..

4. Re: DR Open Track Day September 22nd 2014

Awards Showcase

New Banner Added To Forum. Thanks DR For Another Track Day Donation To CVRF To Be Auction Off To The Members.

SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS !!!!!

5. Re: DR Open Track Day September 22nd 2014

CVRF Contributor Dysturbed Ryder's Avatar

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Check will be written later today and placed in the mail. Looking forward to a great day with Berto and gang. Talk to the suspension guy that day. Riding both East and West with the wrong tire pressure will eat your tires. Ask me how I know Hope to see that Super Moto guy out there again..
    Great to have you back Curtis! How do you like the new helmet? Your welcome D-House and thanks for the new banner..Hope to see you guys out at Thill on Sept 22nd!!

6. Re: DR Open Track Day September 22nd 2014

Awards Showcase

The new ( free ) helmet is....well..... neon . It fits pretty good..and it was ... FREE. I was going to wear it at the last track day but I was worried someone would tell me it was too distracting.
    Seriously, it was very nice of Modesto Honda to add this to their raffle.

7. Re: DR Open Track Day September 22nd 2014

Awards Showcase

My buddy Sean is going. I will bring the cash for his spot to you some time during this week. I am still waiting for the auction thread to complete to decide If I am paying you or making a donation lol
    Current Bikes: 99 EX250, 94 VFR, 07 EX650, speed triple, Sprint RS, Hawk GT, 89 CB-1, 06 R6, crf230

8. Re: DR Open Track Day September 22nd 2014

Awards Showcase

Hey Rick, I hear you did your first track day at Thunderhill this past weekend. Start another thread and tell us how it went for you.

9. Re: DR Open Track Day September 22nd 2014

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Hey Rick, I hear you did your first track day at Thunderhill this past weekend. Start another thread and tell us how it went for you.
    Actually last Saturday was my 7th trackday. First one was July(2013) with PTT. But I am still as slow as most folks first trackday. Got lots to learn. my laptime at t-hill is around 2:45 . I got to try a Qstarz gps laptimer this saturday and identified a lot a of places I can improve from the data. Thought this device is only useful for really fast folks, but looks like it can help beginners like me as well.
    Last edited by RickM; 08-26-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    Current Bikes: 99 EX250, 94 VFR, 07 EX650, speed triple, Sprint RS, Hawk GT, 89 CB-1, 06 R6, crf230

10. Re: DR Open Track Day September 22nd 2014

Awards Showcase

Sorry about the misunderstanding about which track day it was for you . I started out at around 2:45 too. One of the first tips I received was to "gas it as much as you can, when it is safe to do so". I VERY slowly, worked that lap time down. Do what feels right for you.