1. HD 500 pics leaked

Awards Showcase

Default HD 500 pics leaked

http://rideapart.com/2013/09/2014-ha...on-500-photos/

What's your take on it?

I think it's a smart move on HD's part, not sure if it'll make up for dropping Buell though.
    Enrich your experience here at CVRF by joining discussions, debates, group rides, get-togethers and functions.

Feel free to PM any of the CVRF Staff if you have any questions or concerns, or even if you just want an anonymous post made.

2. Re: HD 500 pics leaked

Awards Showcase

I am not sure this is a good idea. This feels like when AMF purchased Harley and things went soft and downhill. The brand has a specific image and mindset. If you soften the bike because you want a new generation of riders and broader range of owners, then your overall brand changes. I hear they are removing a whole set of models this year too.
    I am very close to trading my Boss Hoss for the 2014 Indian Vintage because this company went back to the basic image but added in superb modern technology.

3. Re: HD 500 pics leaked

Awards Showcase

The 500 will do well in India and other South east Asian markets especially if the price is right. 250cc is still big over there. It will be good for HD as a brand in the growing market.

Not sure it's a good idea for the image of the company if they bring it over here. Too small for a modern HD. Doesn't have the made in USA thing going for it. Then again price it right and it will sell I think.
    Current Bikes: 99 EX250, 94 VFR, 07 EX650, speed triple, Sprint RS, Hawk GT, 89 CB-1, 06 R6, crf230

4. Re: HD 500 pics leaked

I don't think it's the best idea. Japanese mimic HD for a reason, and now this bike looks like it is trying to mimic entry level Japanese bikes. I don't think a 500cc naked V-Twin will do well in the US. Other countries sure, but I see it failing here. I guess they are going after the 500c Honda and Kawasakis, etc. But it's not on the same level, and probably will cost more. It'll sell, but not well. Plus like Curtis said, it doesn't fit the HD style. Nothing about it looks like an HD.
    2014 CRF250L - Full Yoshi exhaust, EJK, 13t front sprocket, Zeta Handguards, Fender Eliminator.

5. Re: HD 500 pics leaked

I personally think it looks good. I think it's a much needed change for HD. I mean lets be honest, they have a stereotype that they need broken. They can reach more customers with this... I think it's definitely a good thing.

6. Re: HD 500 pics leaked

Quote Originally Posted by ahernandez74 View Post
    I personally think it looks good. I think it's a much needed change for HD. I mean lets be honest, they have a stereotype that they need broken. They can reach more customers with this... I think it's definitely a good thing.
    I agree, problem is, nobody want the stereotype broken. Every attempt at trying to break out of their mold fails. V-Rod- Fail, XR1200R - Fail, Rocker - Fail. HD fans want the stereotype.
    2014 CRF250L - Full Yoshi exhaust, EJK, 13t front sprocket, Zeta Handguards, Fender Eliminator.

7. Re: HD 500 pics leaked

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Fail!

Test rider isn't wear leather, and no tassels on the handle bars. Needs some work.
    Impossible is nothing. No? (Jorge Lorenzo)

8. Re: HD 500 pics leaked

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat Ninja View Post
    I agree, problem is, nobody want the stereotype broken. Every attempt at trying to break out of their mold fails. V-Rod- Fail, XR1200R - Fail, Rocker - Fail. HD fans want the stereotype.
    True but having a different part of their brand can reach out to other countries that raedeveloping. ( aka india, and europe ) that's a good thing for them.Harley helps the American image overall I think... the more people like our products, the better!

Cant see anything wrong with the new 500.. I think you just need to throw some saddlebags on it and you can call it a day.. I'll buy into their stereotype and go for the classic vintage racer leather jacket look. I like the ones shown here...
    http://www.motorcyclehouse.com/motorcycle-jackets.htm .

harley for me has always been a gimmicky part of american culture and style. something is cool and manly about riding in a leather jacket w cigerette dangling out my mouth lol