Pacific Track Time
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. NOT COOL Speedtv , no Motogp or WSBK!!!

Angry NOT COOL Speedtv , no Motogp or WSBK!!!

Ok so i go to this sunday on speed tv and look for the WSBK race so i can record it and i cant find it. i go online and do some research and apparently speed tv is not going to be broadcasting WSBK or Motogp in the US. WFT!! Hopefully im wrong but does anyone have any info on this ?

2. Re: NOT COOL Speedtv , no Motogp or WSBK!!!

You're probably right. Motorcycle racing doesn't have the biggest following. I love it, but it's audience is small compared to 4-wheeled racing. You'd think they'd at least broadcast it at midnight for us so we can DVR it.
    2014 CRF250L - Full Yoshi exhaust, EJK, 13t front sprocket, Zeta Handguards, Fender Eliminator.

3. Re: NOT COOL Speedtv , no Motogp or WSBK!!!

exactly !! well im doing some research and Directv chanel 620 Bein Sports is going to air Wsbk and since MotoGp has three US races scheduled this year Speed will probably pick up coverage but the coverage will probably suck. Worse case there are "sites" on the net to stream races from.

4. Re: NOT COOL Speedtv , no Motogp or WSBK!!!

Awards Showcase

I usually download the BBC coverage of Motogp...better coverage...1.5 hours long each race.

5. Re: NOT COOL Speedtv , no Motogp or WSBK!!!

CVRF Contributor Dysturbed Jess's Avatar

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    I usually download the BBC coverage of Motogp...better coverage...1.5 hours long each race.
    What web site do you use?
    EVERYONE DIES, NOT EVERYONE LIVES.

6. Re: NOT COOL Speedtv , no Motogp or WSBK!!!

Europe coverage of motogp is always better. Interviews on the grid are longer, they cover awards ceremony and all. If I can't watch my motogp this year I'll be pissed! Looks like I'll have to talk to my bootlegger neighbor to download the action this year.

7. Re: NOT COOL Speedtv , no Motogp or WSBK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dysturbed Jess View Post
    What web site do you use?
    +1

8. Re: NOT COOL Speedtv , no Motogp or WSBK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat Ninja View Post
    You'd think they'd at least broadcast it at midnight for us so we can DVR it.
    Doesn't make financial sense for Speed as they would need to pay for the rights to the broadcast and what advertiser is going to pay for their adds to run when people are only going to DVR the program and fast forward through their add?

9. Re: NOT COOL Speedtv , no Motogp or WSBK!!!

Speed has covered motogp and wsbk for years. To put a stop to that now will piss moto fans off. America does favor 4 wheel racing as goat ninja said and that sucks for us!

10. Re: NOT COOL Speedtv , no Motogp or WSBK!!!

And it's quite possible they've lost money on it for years. Networks are ONLY in the business of making money. Pissing off a small group of viewers is a small price to pay if it fixes a revenue problem. I wasn't originally saying that moto coverage was a cost issue for Speed, merely that airing it at a time that would force most to record it and therefore skip ad spots would be financially irresponsible for them.

Less with Speed, I would think that WSBK (or Dorna) would push to have their program broadcast to the American market. Small or not, racing still sells race bikes and the manufacturers sure have a stake in that...