1. The knockout: Wa' happened?

Default The knockout: Wa' happened?

“Everyone has a plan ‘till they get punched in the mouth” - Mike Tyson

As much how I love Filipino boxer; because I am. But...,!

Wa’ happened? Manny Pacquiao walked head first into an incoming train, the Marquez Express. That’s wa’ happened.

The next question is: Why?

Trainer Freddie Roach forgot to remind Pacquiao that blocking a right straight with one’s jaw is never a good idea. Not even if you’re convinced that your jaw can break your opponent’s fist. The only time the tactic is worth considering is if you’re an insomniac and you’re desperate for a good night’s sleep.

Ronnie Nathanielz the boxing pundit blamed it on Manny’s lack of conditioning. He said Manny sparred and jogged and hit the bags which were fine for the cameras but not good enough to face a boxer like Marquez and who went all out on strength conditioning. Like Pacquiao used to do. He added Pacquiao should have done extra hard conditioning specially since he lost his last fight with Marquez. But he didn’t. And so what could have been only a fender bender with a speeding bus turned into a train wreck.

2. Re: The knockout: Wa' happened?

Finally someone starts a thread about the fight! I figured if Marquez didn't know PAC man by now, he never will. PAC was chillin watching the pre fight while Marquez was warming up! I like PAC but damn he had that one comin lol. He was to confidant and got his ass handed to him! Everybody is saying Marquez was on some sort of a performance enhance drug. I think the only he opened up was a can of woop ass lol!

3. Re: The knockout: Wa' happened?

Awards Showcase

Pac-Man took it easy because he thought he won the other fight, despite the decision. He thought he had the cat in the bag.

He'll man-up and come back stronger. He has something to prove now.
    Enrich your experience here at CVRF by joining discussions, debates, group rides, get-togethers and functions.

Feel free to PM any of the CVRF Staff if you have any questions or concerns, or even if you just want an anonymous post made.

4. Re: The knockout: Wa' happened?

Awards Showcase

Pac-Man is done and will focus on politics. He will never take the chance of having an ending like that again.
    I believe you have a higher chance of survival and far less injury the more appropriate gear you wear. I believe in the power of ATGATT. I believe the more gear you wear in the event of an accident the greater the chance you can rise up, resume the ride and keep the group moving. I strongly believe, through the passionate members of CVRF, that we can influence positive change, knowledge and safety, throughout our motorcycling communities.

5. Re: The knockout: Wa' happened?

Awards Showcase

it was indeed shocking. Marquez seemed to get tripped up a bit, but he got back up as if he was on a mission for life!
    I usually root for the underdog, but Pacquiao was a bit different - he was very fearless, taking on any fight challenged and even made it a point to say "hey, I'm the new kid on the block and I'm coming after everyone".

If it was another draw or something, that would have been fine. But for Pacquiao to just be layed out like that - I don't recall Marquez out like that.

sorry - i haven't anything constructive to add.... :\
    but!
    Quote Originally Posted by Modesto Eddie View Post
    Pac-Man is done and will focus on politics. He will never take the chance of having an ending like that again.
    Eddie's post reminded me of:

2005 yellow SV650n

6. The knockout Wa happened

Default The knockout Wa happened

For all discussions of Premier league, Champions League, internationals etc.... here is the thread. What are your thoughts on anything football?..............