1. CVRF Rider CJ Weaver Racing at Infineon Raceway Sept 1st and 2nd

Default CVRF Rider CJ Weaver Racing at Infineon Raceway Sept 1st and 2nd

First of all, thank you to all of the CVRF members for coming out and supporting not only me, but the races as well. It is great to have so many spectators come out to a club race.

The weekend started out a little frustrating for me. Scott Thomas and CT racing was able to get me some decent take offs for practice on Saturday. I had to learn the tires a little bit before I could try to start pushing. They flex a lot more than the spec tires, and seemed to turn in a little quicker than dunlops as well. I did not really get the feel of everything until basically the last session of practice. When my rear tire was pretty much gone. I struggled to get a mid 1:45. I was dissapointed because I was definitely off the pace a bit.

Thankfully, for sundays races Scott Thomas picked me up a set of tires. The first race was 600 Superbike. I honestly had no idea how I was going to place, especially starting from 25th place. I had a pretty good start and put my head down to try to catch the leaders as fast as I could. In a few laps I cought the Sadowski boys. I felt like I had a pretty good pace going, but I struggled with getting around them. We had a good battle going on for 3rd place (which I had no idea I was battling for 3rd). I made a few mistakes on the last lap, so I finished 5th. And had a best lap time of a 1:42.812 I was really excited to do a 1:42 because thats the fastest I have ever gone at infineon by almost 2 seconds. The next race, Formula 1 was not so good for me. I started 13th and was into 4th place by turn 4. I knew I had the pace to win, but unfortunately I hit false neutral going into turn 1 right behing David Sadowski, and I did everything I could not to take him out, so I went straight off the track into the dirt. The corner worker told me to do something that I believed was extremely dangerous, so I just parked it and watched the rest of the race from turn 6. 750 production was a really fun race for me. I started 13th again and battled with Berto pretty good until the last lap when I made a pass into turn 9. I finished in 3rd place and had a best time of a 1:42.303 For the last race of the day, 600 Production I started in 21st place. I made some passes as soon as I could to try and catch Wyatt Fariss and Cameron Gish, but they pulled away too much at the beginning for me to catch them. So I ended up in 4th place.

I had a ton of fun this last weekend! I want to thank Scott Thomas, Eric Dorn, Jon McPeek, Bert Toth, Chance, Tim Scarrott, Chris at CT Racing, Allen and everyone from Central Valley Riders forum for supporting me!

I would also like to thank my sponsors: EDR Performance, Pacific Track Time, Central Valley Riders Forum, Napa Auto Parts, Catalyst Reaction, Akrapovic, K-tech Suspension, Suomy Helmets, Teknic Leathers, Optimal Racing, Driven, Zero Gravity, Gu Energy, Forcefield Armor, Johnsons Leathers, EBC Brakes, Bazzaz, Lucky 13, Pro-bolt, Chicken Hawk Racing
    Last edited by Shadow; 09-05-2012 at 06:42 PM.

2. Re: CVRF Rider CJ Weaver Racing at Infineon Raceway Sept 1st and 2nd

CJ what you meant to say was a 1812 not 1:52 that is a little slower then you were going...I am proud of how well you rode this weekend and would like to express my gratitude for those of you in CVRF who came out and shared this experience with us. I believe you got to see the talent and drive my son has on a little scooter! I can honestly say that you got to see probably the best starter in the Unitied States! Those who saw can attest to it. Oh well good job son. Oh also we head to New Orleans on Sept 27th for the last round of the AMA.

3. Re: CVRF Rider CJ Weaver Racing at Infineon Raceway Sept 1st and 2nd

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by cweaver View Post
    ... For the last race of the day, 600 Production I started in 21st place. I made some passes as soon as I could to try and catch Wyatt Fariss and Cameron Gish, but they pulled away too much at the beginning for me to catch them. So I ended up in 4th place...
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    ..I can honestly say that you got to see probably the best starter in the Unitied States! Those who saw can attest to it. Oh well good job son. Oh also we head to New Orleans on Sept 27th for the last round of the AMA.
    yyYUP!
    I didn't get to see CJ's lauches until that last race (because of being positioned in different corners throughout the day) - that last race... if memory served me correctly - he flashed up 3 rows... 3 ROWS!!! before T1.
    That was nuts!!!
    I was sitting next to ModestoEddie, and we both had that look on our face. I personally wasn't even paying attention to CJ on the start, and I can attest that it looked like the other folks were push-starting their bikes as CJ flashed passed 3 rows.
    It's nuts! but it's true
    Some may ask "no way - how is that possible?!" - in which I submit my response: "... if you ask me, who do I ask?!"
    He started 7th row and I was thinking to myself "oh man, that's a lot of riders in front of him. I'm doubtful how well he'll be able to do"... because of the narrow track and the number of riders that will bunch up in front - not because of skill! . By the end of Lap1 he was in 6th place IIRC. That's where folks in the 2nd row should be! I'm a full believer now!

Nice going Team Weaver - that was a great introduction to my AFM experience. I look forward to some more!
    Last edited by svdonald; 09-05-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    2005 yellow SV650n

4. Re: CVRF Rider CJ Weaver Racing at Infineon Raceway Sept 1st and 2nd

Awards Showcase

Thanks you for the report Cj and it was definitely a pleasure having the chance to hang out with you again at the races. It's always a good time watching you race, you just keep getting faster.

I am so glad that CVRF has the chance to be on board with Weaver Racing as you progress your way through your racing career. Thank you.
    Last edited by Shadow; 09-05-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    Support Your Local Racers

CVRF was created for the riders in the Central San Joaquin Valley and surrounding areas to have a place to meet other like minded motorcycle riders to discuss the art of riding and possibly getting together for some rides! We work hard to provide a pleasant environment for our entire community to come together. Enjoy!

5. Re: CVRF Rider CJ Weaver Racing at Infineon Raceway Sept 1st and 2nd

No thank you shadow and the rest. Seriously if it were not for your support with race fuel for the tires we would not have been able to do all of the rounds. I will say that you guys are an answer to our prayers. Some of the guys I got to talk to now understand that your contributions help us tremendously. The next round at New Orleans will cost us at least $4,000 dollars. If CJ gets anywhere from 5th to 10th he wins $500 dollars. If he wins a race he gets $2500 dollars. So you can see how much it costs us. You guys are the only sponsors we have which contribute money to us. Everyone else is either free products or a discounted price on products. The 4 sets of tires (which are essential) cost us 385 a set and their is no discount with AMA. So again from the bottom of my heart THANK ALL OF YOU to helping my son achieve his goals and dreams.