Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Slider !!!!!!!!

1. Re: Slider !!!!!!!!

It looks to be a possible hit and run. http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d...9865/-1/A_NEWS

2. Re: Slider !!!!!!!!

Awards Showcase

I just caught wind of this from Facebook... I came to here to double check to make sure this wasn't some crazy joke or something.
    I'm not sure what the latest news is, but I pray the best for Slider and his family.

I met Slider at a RFR/Precision trackday. After running a few laps I sucked up my pride and went over to introduce myself to the 2 guys wearing CVRF shirts (i'm shy).
    After a few chuckles and chats, Slider was easy to become friends with.
    He even came to me, and let me know he got his knee down. He was so excited.

Rest In Peace, dear Slider/Louis.
    Condolences to his family and those he came across in this life.
    Drag Knee up there, fellow rider!

Pegs down for Slider....
    Last edited by svdonald; 10-28-2011 at 01:40 AM.
    2005 yellow SV650n

3. Re: Slider !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpson View Post
    It looks to be a possible hit and run. http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d...9865/-1/A_NEWS
    Damn it!!! I've been hearing bout so many riders losing there Lifes lately!!!......it's like one min we are here and the next we are not. I guess that's no secret but........fuck man!!!!
    I live for this

4. Re: Slider !!!!!!!!

Awards Showcase

WOW!!! I'm at loss for words... Slider, RIP!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. Re: Slider !!!!!!!!

Awards Showcase

This is terrible news. He was also a firefighter, so there is a loss there as well. I am in shock. We need to formulate a special fund for his family asap.
    I believe you have a higher chance of survival and far less injury the more appropriate gear you wear. I believe in the power of ATGATT. I believe the more gear you wear in the event of an accident the greater the chance you can rise up, resume the ride and keep the group moving. I strongly believe, through the passionate members of CVRF, that we can influence positive change, knowledge and safety, throughout our motorcycling communities.

6. Re: Slider !!!!!!!!

WTF!! Slider holy shit i just met him last sat. RIP Slider hart goes out to his family

7. Re: Slider !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Modesto Eddie View Post
    This is terrible news. He was also a firefighter, so there is a loss there as well. I am in shock. We need to formulate a special fund for his family asap.
    +1 +1

8. Re: Slider !!!!!!!!

I agree with Let's Ride, when it's your time, it's your time. It can happen in our sleep, an accident, or even from a common flu virus. If it was the trucks fault or not, how in the fuck do you just leave someone who needs immediate medical attention are run like a coward? The driver will get whats coming to him

9. Re: Slider !!!!!!!!

Awards Showcase

Lets keep our eyes peeled for this s*** bucket!

Police are searching for a 2000 blue Dodge Dakota with damage to its left rear quarter panel and a metal rack in its bed. Police ask anyone with information to call San Joaquin South County Crime Stoppers at (209) 823-4636.

@ Pimpson, I've been to SO many funerals and lost a few of my close friends. You can't give up what you love because of true accidents or others mistakes. You'll miss it if it's in your heart and regret your decision. Because I've delt with so many of these is why I do tend to preech to other riders/newbies about knowing what your doing (riding as safe as possible) and wearing gear. We should always try to ride fully geared up, whether it's with commen sense or with actual riding gear. Cagers don't don't realise how much of a deadly weapon their vehicle can be for a motorcycle rider.

Only you know whats best for you and your family.
    Last edited by Shadow; 10-28-2011 at 08:27 AM.
    Support Your Local Racers

CVRF was created for the riders in the Central San Joaquin Valley and surrounding areas to have a place to meet other like minded motorcycle riders to discuss the art of riding and possibly getting together for some rides! We work hard to provide a pleasant environment for our entire community to come together. Enjoy!

10. Re: Slider !!!!!!!!

Awards Showcase

I can't believe this! I woke up to my friends posting on face book about this. Dam Louis-slider you will be missed by so many!! Rip

GSXR using Tapatalk