PDA

View Full Version : Roseville Honda

gixxer
11-18-2009, 12:39 AM
I know you guys are prob pretty far away from them......I just wanted to post that I hate them.

Spitfire
11-18-2009, 12:46 AM
I know you guys are prob pretty far away from them......I just wanted to post that I hate them.

:sign10

BIG B
11-18-2009, 06:31 AM
fuck them......power to gixxer

gixxer
11-18-2009, 11:32 AM
fuck them......power to gixxer
:givemebeer :givemebeer :laughing4

D-House
11-19-2009, 11:02 PM
so I guess we shouldnt try to get them to sponsor the forum them :lol:

what happen Gixxer....what did they do 8-)

Mark
11-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Probably couldn't find a gixxer in stock. :lol:

adeloa
11-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Probably couldn't find a gixxer in stock. :lol:
:lol: :lol: i want a honda gixxer please! :lol:

adeloa
11-21-2009, 10:35 AM
i kid i kid! but please gixxer, do tell 8-)

Shadow
11-21-2009, 11:05 AM

Since they are on this forum, you should state your case. Maybe they can reply with a reason or something? Maybe it had been an Ex manager or something.

gixxer
11-21-2009, 11:39 AM
I bought a 08 CRF250X from them and the bike wasn't properly PDI'd. The chain was loose right from the git go. I was on my first ride putting through the parking lot of Prairie City and the bike just skidded to a stop. Come to find out the chain had derailed off the front sprocket and cracked the engine case. 2200 dollars damage on my first ride and they refused to cover it under warranty. Now how a bike with less than 2 hours brand new could suffer so much damage from a chain derailment and the folks who put it together wouldnt take care of it still makes me wonder. I'm sure there are people out there who would say it would be my responsibility to make sure the chain was set to the right tension and the fluids were all topped off and maybe even the engine bolts were torqued to the correct specifications, but imo you should be able to get on your brand new 6000 dollar dirt bike and tear it up at least for the first 3 or 4 hours.

Mark
11-24-2009, 11:28 PM
I'd hate to be the devil's advocate, but here are some questions.

1) If Pre Delivery Inspections were not satisfactorily done, why did you assume ownership?
2) If you noticed that the Chain had improper tension, why would you decide to take it out anyways?
3) You said Bike is a 2008, You said bike has less than 2 hours on it, but you also said it was your first ride through the parking lot. Did you spend the first two hours in the parking lot trying to break it in?
4) Who did the PDI, and did you sign off on it (it's in that stack of paperwork you sign when you buy the bike)?
5) Do you have documentation that the PDI was done improperly?
6) Was it manufactured in 07, then sold as overstock? If so, was it used before you took delivery?
7) When you reported the problem, were you calm and easy to deal with? Or did you make it known to the whole store that there was a problem?
8) How long ago did this happen? Did you ever think to go pass the store manager and talk to corporate instead?

They pay ridiculous amounts of money to lawyers to ask these question, I'm asking you because it might not have to do 100% with them. I'm not defending them, nor do I care if anyone buys anything from them. I'm just saying that perhaps there's a shared blame in all of this.

[/ know-it-all]

adeloa
11-24-2009, 11:29 PM
thats bullshit man, they didnt wanna cover it? :x :evil:

gixxer
11-27-2009, 02:03 PM
I'd hate to be the devil's advocate, but here are some questions.

1) If Pre Delivery Inspections were not satisfactorily done, why did you assume ownership?
2) If you noticed that the Chain had improper tension, why would you decide to take it out anyways?
3) You said Bike is a 2008, You said bike has less than 2 hours on it, but you also said it was your first ride through the parking lot. Did you spend the first two hours in the parking lot trying to break it in?
4) Who did the PDI, and did you sign off on it (it's in that stack of paperwork you sign when you buy the bike)?
5) Do you have documentation that the PDI was done improperly?
6) Was it manufactured in 07, then sold as overstock? If so, was it used before you took delivery?
7) When you reported the problem, were you calm and easy to deal with? Or did you make it known to the whole store that there was a problem?
8) How long ago did this happen? Did you ever think to go pass the store manager and talk to corporate instead?

They pay ridiculous amounts of money to lawyers to ask these question, I'm asking you because it might not have to do 100% with them. I'm not defending them, nor do I care if anyone buys anything from them. I'm just saying that perhaps there's a shared blame in all of this.

[/ know-it-all]

1) I didn't know at the time they were done incorrectly
2) Same as previous response
3) It was my first ride on the bike....I was putting back through the parking lot to put it on the trailer.
4) I'm sure I signed for the PDI...who the hell reads all that crap? When you buy something brand new like that, it's pretty exciting. The last thing I wanted to do was put on my reading glasses and my smoking jacket and cuddle up to the fire with the paperwork.
5)Yes....the 2200.00 bill on a bike that was 2 hours old.
6)It was a 2008....manufactured in.....2008.
7)I dropped the bike off on a Sunday. Nobody was there in service and I just waited for them to call me.
8)I talked to American Honda. They are good people. They took care of me when my Honda Civic transmission went out. Unfortunately, they couldn't help me with this.
I never said that I wasn't partially to blame. I should have checked the bike out more thourough. I was excited though and just wanted to ride it. However, anyone here that has purchased a new vehicle wether it be a bike car or truck can attest the last thing on their mind is popping the hood and checking fluid levels and torque specifications.
I was asked my the moderators to post up why I don't like Roseville Cycle and that's all I did. Anyone on here can agree or disagree. I really don't care and I'm just stating my opinion.

Shadow
11-27-2009, 03:21 PM
And a Great reply it has been. ;) LOL

Fullthrottle189
11-28-2009, 11:35 AM
I agree with gixxers opinion. Your buying a brand new bike and assuming that it was properly take care of from a well known dealer. You are excited when you buy something new and for the first time it's even worse. The dealers know this and the shady ones feed on this. The easiest way to make short cuts is when a person is in that state of mind. There are a lot of people that ride that aren't mechanically inclined so they wouldn't even know what to look at and in there situation they could get a lemon or short cutted on. The best way to go about buying or even picking up your new motorcycle would to bring someone with the proper knowledge and a level head with you to make sure there were no short cuts taken and to keep you from taking home something that hasn't been properly assembled or prepped.

Spitfire
11-28-2009, 01:23 PM
I was excited though and just wanted to ride it. However, anyone here that has purchased a new vehicle wether it be a bike car or truck can attest the last thing on their mind is popping the hood and checking fluid levels and torque specifications.

Nobody does..... it should not even be a thought, you should expect when buying a vehicle that it's ready to be used, not fixed!! :cussing

xb12haulin
11-28-2009, 06:05 PM
When I bought my Buell it had 5 miles on it. I didn't even think twice about looking at anything. Not even tire psi. I didn't even look at my oil or tire psi until after 500 miles.

Shadow
11-28-2009, 07:32 PM
When I bought my Buell it had 5 miles on it. I didn't even think twice about looking at anything. Not even tire psi. I didn't even look at my oil or tire psi until after 500 miles.

LOL, the only thing I looked at on my SV was the gas gage. LOL

BIG B
11-28-2009, 07:59 PM
i didn't even look at the gas

gixxer07
12-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Every time I have purchased a brand new bike, the thought of a Mechanical malfunction never crossed my mindů :idea:

Mark
12-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Have you written corporate? They'd sure be unhappy to know that you're spreading bad juju on their dealership, and would probably try to rectify the situation.

But it sounds as if there's a little blurring of the lines, so make sure you have someone else read it, if you decide to do so. That's because you made it sound as if it was your first ride in the parking lot that the chain went, but you said 2 hours. You said PDI wasn't done, but you don't have the burden of proof. It seems as if it's currently in their favor, and they can do whatever they want, but if you let them know that you're unhappy (in a respectable way) they'll probably try to help.

Tracy_Moto_Mark
02-17-2010, 01:47 PM
SPEAKING AS A SALESPERSON,
with every new or used sale, before a customer takes delivery, i would take the time to go throughly on the in's and out's of the bike, i can't speak for you or your salesperson, however, in this industry, you are/were entitled to be given a proper delivery, one of the things I focus on as a salesperson is importance of informing my customers is the "chain" specifically, FIRST, when going through your owners manual, i would advise that during the break in period, the chain would at that time loosen and would probaly need adjustment and Second, when going over your bike, I would show you proper slack by actually using my finger and moving the chain then show you how to adjust if/when needed.

reguardless NEW! 2009,2008,2007, so fourth so on, I sure hope that the pdi tech did not overlook that box they need to check off as well they should have noticed on the final check ride if there was a problem with a loose chain and second did/or didn't your salesperson, take the time to show you and demonstrate anything? one of them should have caught a loose chain.

i hope you at least got a follow up, "congratulations on your purchase and thank you for your business" call.

but it is unfortunate that these "race bikes" are "as is" the second you buy them...

.............just my thought

1) I didn't know at the time they were done incorrectly
2) Same as previous response
3) It was my first ride on the bike....I was putting back through the parking lot to put it on the trailer.
4) I'm sure I signed for the PDI...who the hell reads all that crap? When you buy something brand new like that, it's pretty exciting. The last thing I wanted to do was put on my reading glasses and my smoking jacket and cuddle up to the fire with the paperwork.
5)Yes....the 2200.00 bill on a bike that was 2 hours old.
6)It was a 2008....manufactured in.....2008.
7)I dropped the bike off on a Sunday. Nobody was there in service and I just waited for them to call me.
8)I talked to American Honda. They are good people. They took care of me when my Honda Civic transmission went out. Unfortunately, they couldn't help me with this.
I never said that I wasn't partially to blame. I should have checked the bike out more thourough. I was excited though and just wanted to ride it. However, anyone here that has purchased a new vehicle wether it be a bike car or truck can attest the last thing on their mind is popping the hood and checking fluid levels and torque specifications.
I was asked my the moderators to post up why I don't like Roseville Cycle and that's all I did. Anyone on here can agree or disagree. I really don't care and I'm just stating my opinion.

Tracy_Moto_Mark
02-17-2010, 01:55 PM
It seems as if it's currently in their favor, and they can do whatever they want, but if you let them know that you're unhappy (in a respectable way) they'll probably try to help.

i strongly agree, the best way to get help in your favor is be calm, respectable and be willing to meet half way....